Friday, June 27, 2008

YeBoiBaSaHiNMotoH!

what a great way to start! or so i thought. But i hope it is. As i keep my late night eyes open watching "Prison Break" the past days, shooting and editing for a channel 5 new show on which mother studio ABS-CBN is unaware of, and preparing things to blahblah for the saturday class, it suddenly came my mind the need and comfort of interactivity and inter-connectivity. For there are some things that i may forget to say while on class, i need to call someone from the group and tell the tale. But why not a regular check-up from doc internet? I hope it sits well to you class, but i prepare this site for my late nite reminders on what assignments and errands that i will be asking you. Starting from now, i will be asking you to visit the site at least every week. i will be writing notes each wednesday night in connection with the saturday following the day of posting.

but the effort is not only tantamount to assignments per se. but as i have said, notes and reminders. or more aptly called, footnotes. the academicians and historians called it "cracks in the parchment curtains". in my case, these are the things that i explained prior to writings but failed to dig deeper. so came this website.

on this, i beg the indulgence of me writing shit here and you reading the crap! well, i guess you must know now the difference between a good shit and a bad one. and also, on unlearning things you strongly feel should be unlearned. historian ambeth ocampo said, "there are quite a number of things taught in school that one has to unlearn".

the teacher talking in front of the class inside the classroom is as good or as bad as the priest preaching the word, the police apprehending criminals, or an organizational and corporate boss mandating the rules. the one in front, maybe, is as clueless as the listeners. so hear my musings and runts but react, comment, and disagree at will.
for there is none the monopoly of truth.

now, here are some of the notes (the cracks on the parchment curtains) that you might find helpful or otherwise. but the organizational and hierarchical culture tells you the mandate to read this. if you know what i mean. but if you don't, i won't say it.

- on your tone and rhythm of writing, the class in general, is far from excellent. it is wanting and needs improvement. majority of the students are not adept in writing with rhythm, balls and soul. only a number of you passes the mark. i am sorry if i put it too bluntly and honest. but there's no other way that i can say it. don't write in english english. the language is the medium but the message is the massage. actually, regardless of the language use, write it in beauty. but what is it? i know there is no standard of beauty whatever beauty means. but there is what we call "collective memory". collective memory, without defining terms, is describing and helps in attaining a certain level of understanding among groups. shall we say, the common language. in line with this, i have prepared some reading materials. mostly are reviews or from columnist. the status, if not the person, have attained, at least in the collective memory of the print industry, that the writings are printable, to say the least. the page version of what the television standards called "airable".

- i am just making it clear once and for all that i am giving titles of such tv series or other materials not because i like them. so don't make the mistake of thinking that the review must be favorable to the subject. be harsh if you don't like it. praise if you love it. be honest. be brutally honest.

- the use of words. avoid heavy words specially tagalog jargons like "kaunsabay, datapwat", etc. Use conversational and casual words as possible. The use of heavy words can not save a bad writing. What dictates the level is the rhythm and tone; and most importantly -- sincerity.

anyway, there's none much of me to say more. these things are just trivial you might think. tv prod is not only about writing. it is the whole process of pre-prod to post prod. but it is the pulp essence of it. but of course, you may disagree.

and lastly,

..taste.

i do not want to push and inject my own understanding and appreciation of arts and of things in general but suffice to say, we should arrive and speak the same language before the sem ends albeit disagreements and heated discussions. there came a time that my writings was as dark as night and some of my friends have disapproved it and said that there's too much negativity on me. but i said on the contrary, it is positivity that i was and i am sharing. the dark picturesque unfolding of emotional and depressing stories are only manifestations of us being aware of our lonely self. the realization of being alone even in the presence of the many. the violence that we are not naive with. and the eye-opening consciousness of and towards the others. love, sex, truth, beauty. the true meaning of being a bohemian. a term coined back in the years of renaissance on which my pasay neighbor Jotay (brownman revival's manager) called it "cultured". On which the attainment maybe far but once there, is an astonishment in motion while at the same time fulfilled and fruitful.

as my friend randy (also known as ninja man, our headwriter in Super Inggo animated series) puts it, "something's gonna give!"

***
***
***



class,

this saturday, july 5, 9am pull-out natin. im still working kung anong shoot ang pwede nating puntahan as requested by the many rather than a talk-show program. 

next saturday, july 12, submission and screening ng news program chenes nyo. kung dvd ang isa-submit nyo, okey den. i think may player naman tayo sa room. kung mini dv tape, makikidala ng mini dv camera nyo and cable. 

after that, same day, i will be asking for your individual concept of a docu. please come up with many topics if possible para mas madami pagpipilian.

kita kits! 

:)

(your comments, reactions and suggestions will be highly appreciated. please don't hesitate to post your blahblah here)

:) 

---------

comment(s):

Anonymous anonymous said...

I think what lacks in class is a lively discussion of ideas. I myself is guilty because I sometimes also fail to raise my opinion not because I am afraid that you are my teacher (I think we have discussed a lifetime of lesson in our small informal classes at home) but because there is a lack of air of openness in the class because of factors that I am not ware of.

I hope U4A and U4B class develop this culture of openness and just drop their ideas out of courtesy. 

And the fact that I am posting this in this blogspot is a proof that I just don't want to raise this idea in conversations but I want to engrave this in this site so that everyone may read it from time to time...

Hehehe...btw...ang gastos ng course na to...hehehe
I think everyone will agree on me in this one! :)

kokay

July 4, 2008 12:04 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what lacks in class is a lively discussion of ideas. I myself is guilty because I sometimes also fail to raise my opinion not because I am afraid that you are my teacher (I think we have discussed a lifetime of lesson in our small informal classes at home) but because there is a lack of air of openness in the class because of factors that I am not ware of.

I hope U4A and U4B class develop this culture of openness and just drop their ideas out of courtesy.

And the fact that I am posting this in this blogspot is a proof that I just don't want to raise this idea in conversations but I want to engrave this in this site so that everyone may read it from time to time...

Hehehe...btw...ang gastos ng course na to...hehehe
I think everyone will agree on me in this one! :)

kokay